The Camp/Shore summer program provides an age-appropriate socialization experience for anyone over the age of 18. The first four weeks of the summer are designated as ‘Camp’ weeks, which cater to those individuals who would prefer a structured, summer camp type of atmosphere. These weeks are based almost entirely at our home in Rio Grande, NJ, offering activities such as arts & crafts, music, sports, swimming, etc.
These activities follow a theme that changes each week to make it fun and interactive. The remaining 7 weeks of the summer are designated as ‘Shore’ weeks, providing a vacation-like atmosphere, with outings to Atlantic City, the beach, Wildwood boardwalks, nature centers, and many more!
Helping Hands, Inc. is offering our summer residential/vacation camp for individuals with intellectual disabilities. ALL WEEKS WILL BE BASED at the property in Rio Grande, New Jersey. Cost is $1250.00/week.
June 4 – June 9, 2023
June 11 – June 16, 2023
June 18 – June 23, 2023
June 25 – June 30, 2023
July 9 – July 14, 2023
July 16 – July 21, 2023
July 23 – July 28, 2023
July 30 – Aug 4, 2023
Aug 6 – Aug 11, 2023 (Minimal Supervision)
Aug 13 – Aug 18, 2023 (Minimal Supervision)
Aug 20 – Aug 25, 2023 (Minimal Supervision)
- For participants who are NOT utilizing waiver funding, a deposit of $50.00 for each week is required by Helping Hands.
- Waiver-funded participants- Summer Program cost is $250 per day. Please communicate this information to your Supports Coordinator. It is your responsibility to inform HH if you will be utilizing waiver funding for our summer programs
- Waiver funded participants are REQUIRED to have authorized service units available prior to attendance. Private Pay participants must submit their FULL PAYMENT at least 4 weeks prior to their scheduled week.
Each week is open to participants 18+. All weeks are $1250.00.
All registrations are at the discretion of Helping Hands, Inc.
To avoid any confusion, Jaimee is the ONLY person who will make reservations.
- Upon acceptance, participants will be sent an application packet that must be returned to the office no later than two weeks prior to your registered week. You will then receive an acceptance letter and a packing list.
- **For private pay participants, FULL PAYMENT is required four weeks prior to your registered week.
- We will be accepting registration requests for returning participants through April 14th, 2023 and registration requests for new participants will be accepted starting April 17th, 2023. Upon confirmation of the participants’ request, an application packet will be sent out. Once the application packet has been received, an acceptance letter will be sent out along with a packing list.
PAY ONLINE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE AS YOU WANT TOWARDS CAMP!
*All CC payments must be done through PayPal online, not over the phone. Thank you!
Special Vacations Program
As an extension of our S/R and Camp Programs,’ Helping Hands, Inc. coordinates special vacations at the request of our clients. Past trips included cruises to the Caribbean, Mexico, New Orleans, Nashville, Jamaica and a trip to Disney World. Agency direct support professionals, volunteers, and the participants work to raise the funds necessary for these trips through a variety of fundraising.
For more information about this great program, please contact our Social Recreation Director, Jaimee Scott at JScott@helpinghandsinc.com