The Camp/Shore summer program provides an age-appropriate socialization experience for anyone over the age of 18. The first four weeks of the summer are designated as ‘Camp’ weeks, which cater to those individuals who would prefer a structured, summer camp type of atmosphere. These weeks are based almost entirely at our home in Rio Grande, NJ, offering activities such as arts & crafts, music, sports, swimming, etc.
These activities follow a theme that changes each week to make it fun and interactive. The remaining 7 weeks of the summer are designated as ‘Shore’ weeks, providing a vacation-like atmosphere, with outings to Atlantic City, the beach, Wildwood boardwalks, nature centers, and many more!
Helping Hands, Inc. is offering our summer residential/vacation camp for individuals with intellectual disabilities. ALL WEEKS WILL BE BASED at the property in Rio Grande, New Jersey. Cost is $1250.00/week.
July 10 – July 15, 2022
July 17 – July 22, 2022
July 24 – July 29, 2022
July 31 – Aug 5, 2022
Aug 7 – Aug 12, 2022 (Minimal Supervision)
Aug 14 – Aug 19, 2022 (Minimal Supervision)
Aug 21 – Aug 26, 2022 (Minimal Supervision)
**Covid-19 Vaccinations are not required but are PREFERRED.**
We will be returning to full capacity, which means we will have 10-12 open spots for each Camp & Shore week. Each participant may choose one week of each program, if desired.
Please contact Jaimee Scott for tentative registrations or if you have any questions. The most efficient method is via email. Slots are completely reserved after confirmation is received from Jaimee Scott, Camp Director.
- For participants who are NOT utilizing waiver funding, a deposit of $50.00 for each week is required by Helping Hands.
- Waiver-funded participants- Summer Program cost is $250 per day. Please communicate this information to your Supports Coordinator. It is your responsibility to inform HH if you will be utilizing waiver funding for our summer programs.
- Waiver funded participants are REQUIRED to have authorized service units available prior to attendance. Private Pay participants must submit their FULL PAYMENT at least 4 weeks prior to their scheduled week.
Each week is open to participants 18+. All weeks are $1250.00.
All registrations are at the discretion of Helping Hands, Inc. To avoid any confusion, Jaimee is the ONLY person who will make reservations.
- Upon acceptance, participants will be sent an application packet that must be returned to the office no later than two weeks prior to your registered week. You will then receive an acceptance letter and a packing list.
- **For private pay participants, FULL PAYMENT is required four weeks prior to your registered week.
- We will be accepting registration requests for returning participants through April 15th, 2022 and registration requests for new participants will be accepted starting April 18th, 2022. Upon confirmation of the participants’ request, an application packet will be sent out. Once the application packet has been received, an acceptance letter will be sent out along with a packing list.
PAY ONLINE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE AS YOU WANT TOWARDS CAMP!
*All CC payments must be done through PayPal online, not over the phone. Thank you!
Special Vacations Program
As an extension of our S/R and Camp Programs,’ Helping Hands, Inc. coordinates special vacations at the request of our clients. Past trips included cruises to the Caribbean, Mexico, New Orleans, Nashville, Jamaica and a trip to Disney World. Agency direct support professionals, volunteers, and the participants work to raise the funds necessary for these trips through a variety of fundraising.
For more information about this great program, please contact our Social Recreation Director, Jaimee Scott at JScott@helpinghandsinc.com